- easier tracking of crimes
- mobile-based - can track crimes anywhere
- real-time reporting for quicker response by law enforcement
app features for end-users
- Submit Report
- users specify crime, location, and details.
- Mobile web - friendly -- allows users to easily report using their mobile phones
- When reporting, attempts to detect current location based on GPS or IP address.
- Allow twitter reporting by using #krimen hashtag
app features for administrators/law-enforcement
- Report list that is updated real-time, instantly and quickly
- "follow-up" feature allows administrators to reply immediately via twitter
- "View in Map" feature allows administrators to pinpoint specific location of the crime
- twitter widget allows administrators to immediately see reports using twitter
- view map of crimes allows administrator to see a condensed overview of crime density in the map
- view crime data allows administrator to see crime numbers in a chart.
Future enhancements to be implemented:
- UI Enhancements
- Reporting via SMS
- Updating of Report Status e.g. Marked as Resolved
- Additional Charts e.g. Crimes by Location
- get location from tweet
- everyone. for administration, law enforcers.
- Google Maps
- Google Charts
- Mobile Web
JWAY Group (Phillippines) Inc.